Stage 2 Water Restrictions in effect
July 31, 2023
Effective immediately, Moffat Water Supply Corporation must implement Stage 2 water restrictions listed in their Drought Contingency Plan. Moffat WSC uses two source water options (Belton Lake and Trinity Aquifer) to supply its customers with safe drinking water. Belton Lake water level continues to rapidly decline and is greater than fifteen feet below normal pool level, urging the need to implement restrictions for increased water conservation. Below is a summary of water restrictions until further notice:
- Irrigation of landscape and yards, and use of water for washing motor vehicles and boats is limited to street addresses ending in even numbers, Sunday and Thursday from 8:00 pm to 10:00 am.
- Irrigation of landscape and yards, and use of water for washing motor vehicles and boats is limited to street addresses ending in odd numbers, Saturday and Wednesday from 8:00 pm to 10:00 am.
- Irrigation of landscape and yards is permitted anytime by means of hand-held hose.
- Watering livestock is
- Use of water to fill or refill swimming pools or jacuzzi type pools is restricted from 8:00 pm to 10:00 am.
- All non-essential water use is prohibitede., wash down of all outside surfaces or buildings, flushing gutters, ornamental fountains, construction, and dust control.
- Violations can reach up to $150.00 per offense, and service
For complete water restriction details, visit the Moffat WSC’s website at www.moffatwatersupply.com, or contact the office at (254) 986-2457 Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
The Board of Directors of Moffat WSC greatly appreciates your cooperation.